Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, February 4, 2020



Looking out my window... a bright sunshine, a cardinal and a melting snowman.

I am thinking... that it is so easy to get distracted by life's busyness and yet God says, "Cease striving and know that I am God" ~ Psalm 46:10, NASB.

I am thankful... for friendship and the fact that my friends trust me to pray for them in the good and especially during the hard times.

One of my favorite things... being able to cuddle under a blanket and read a book on a snowy any afternoon, with or without children.

I am creating... a list of things I need to do this week in preparation for our Weekend for Women coming up soon.

I am wearing... cozy black pants and a souvenir sweatshirt from a visit to the Grand Canyon.

I am reading... Soul Keeping: Caring for the Most Important Part of You by John Ortberg.

I am hoping... to take a walk today and enjoy the mild winter weather.  

I am learning... how to balance being a teacher-mom and simply mom.  Sometimes it's hard for me to overlook a teaching moment to simply be mom.

In the kitchen... it's frozen pizza night.  Also in the kitchen a pumpkin spice candle is burning and the sun is drying the dishes my husband washed this morning before work.  (heart)

In the school room... the basics are getting done and we are going to make a family tree today.

Shared Quote... "The wise parent looks beyond a child's behavior to what's going on at a deeper level - the child's attitudes and motivations." by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller from their book, Home Improvement, Eight tools for Effective Parenting

A moment from a few days ago... 

There are 17(!) candles on that cake.  Where does the time go??!

To read daybook entries from other simple women, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week.

Comments

  1. Good morning! Just stopping by to read your daybook and found this, " I'm an influencer of my children as we homeschool together." As a veteran homeschooler I LOVE this sentiment and could not agree more. Blessings on your homeschool days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim