Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today March 11, 2019

Looking out my window... the sun is shining, the birds are frolicking and I see the first robin of spring.

I am thinking... of my handsome hubby who is celebrating a birthday today.

I am thankful... to be able to hear all the bird sounds in the backyard today.

One of my favorite things.... is reading some of my past journal entries and seeing God at work in our lives.

I am creating... a little indoor greenhouse to start vegetable and flower seeds this week.

I am reading... Control Girl: Lessons on Surrendering Your Burden of Control from Seven Women in the Bible by Shannon Popkin.  Every woman should read this book!

I am hoping… to be able to really get some spring cleaning done this month.  I want to be ruthless in every room.

I am learning… all about lighthouses in North America. Looking forward to visiting them all, eventually.

In my kitchen... stacks of dishes next to the sink just waiting to fill the dishwasher after I empty it.  There will also be a birthday dinner followed by cake and ice cream.

In the school room... the final push before spring break.  Updating transcripts and making lesson plans through the end of the school year.  Can't believe I have a senior in high school!

In my garden… a blanket of white snow.

Shared Quote... "We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations" ~Charles R. Swindoll

A moment from my day... 
Sunshine, coffee and a little love note.

To read daybook entries from other simple women, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to be your neighbor over at the Daybook link-up! I thought I might be the only one posting today, so it's really nice to have company. I love your thoughts of planting seedlings inside for growing out later. Spring fever here for sure! And thank you for sharing the Charles Swindoll quote today. It was such a blessing to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joining the Daybook group today. Happy birthday to your hubby:) The lighthouses will be an interesting study. I love seeing them when we travel, not too many in our part of the country though! I need to get busy with some spring cleaning. The little greenhouse sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting for the robins. They haven't quite reached us yet. Belated Happy Birthday to your hubby. I love family celebrations. The lighthouses sound fascinating. We visited one on the coast a few years ago. I was just thinking today how important it is to keep learning new things. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim