Put a Stamp on It

As a kid, I remember running to the mailbox just after we heard the mail truck drive by in the hope there would be a letter from a friend or the grandparents, maybe a magazine or clothing catalog.  Remember the JCPenney catalog?!

These days I don't even get the mail every day, let alone run to the mailbox. Okay, running to the box may be out mostly because of my age, but a lack of excitement certainly plays a part too!  I don't know about you, but my mailbox is filled with junk mail or bills or the dreaded political ads. 

Seriously, take a moment to ponder when was the last time you got fun mail?  I know the last time I did was this month, but that is only because it's my birthday month. Other than that?  I couldn't even tell you.  Maybe Christmas?


Here's the thing.   You have how many friends?  One, two? More?  Perfect!  Write them a note.  An actual note on paper with a pen.  It doesn't have to be long.  Just, "I thought of you today!"  Stash that note in an envelope, address it to your friend(s), put a stamp on it and send it.  Done.  We could all use a smile in the form of snail mail every now and again.

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comments