Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches = Yum!

Happy first day of July!  Summer is in full swing and that means I need dinners that are easy and can be ready to grab as we all throw routine out the door in the summer.  This buffalo chicken sandwich recipe tops the charts for ease and it is also very tasty.  It pleases the taste buds for my 18 year old all the way down the ages to my 8 year old.

Photo by Fernando Aguilar on Unsplash

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 cup or so of chicken stock/broth
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise


Directions:

Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce, ranch dressing mix and chicken stock. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.

Once the chicken has cooked, shred the meat finely with two forks (I use my hand mixer!  Works great). Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce and ranch or blue cheese dressing to serve.

Sometimes I like to avoid bread so I will put my shredded buffalo chicken in a lettuce cup.  Also, I very rarely use all the wing sauce the recipe calls for.  I will usually only put in 1/4 to 1/2 of the bottle.  That way you can add sauce if you like your buffalo chicken nice and spicy. I was first introduced to these sandwiches by my friend Jessica who gave me the recipe.  She found it here.  I hope you enjoy!

Comments