I Spy Plants!

Spring is here!  On the calendar at least.  With the arrival of spring comes warmer sun, robins in the trees, and flowers.  Or thoughts of flowers.  The snow has been melting, but there are a few stubborn snowbanks that remind me winter is not gone quite yet.  However, that doesn't prevent me from dreaming of flowers in all shapes, sizes and colors.

This spring dream I have also comes with the reality of money spent on plants.  Sigh.  So, inspired by a DIY succulent planting event that I participated in, I've decided to try my hand at growing some of the annual flowers I would otherwise buy to fill the containers on my patio.

I headed out to my local store to purchase the necessary items and on a warmer day with the sun shining down, I gathered the containers and filled them with soil.



Added water and seeds and placed them in the sun.


And a few days later, I spy with my little eye...


Plants!  Yay!

Oh y'all, I hope this works.  This will save me a ton of money on car insurance on plants that won't survive a winter.  My mom grew up in a family of green thumbs and I was pretty sure it skipped me.  However, my sweet encouraging friends think I can indeed grow stuff.  So, here goes. (I think I can, I think I can)

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2)


Comments