simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY December 16, 2014

Outside my window... mild temperatures and rain.

I am thinking... only NINE days 'til Christmas!

I am thankful... for friends who laugh with me, cry with me, walk through valleys with me and scale mountains with me.

In the kitchen... recipes for Christmas treats, grocery list of items needed to make Christmas treats and hopefully, Christmas treats later this week.

I am wearing... jeans, gray turtleneck sweater and my silver earrings I purchased in Africa.

I am creating... many photo projects.
 
I am going... to bake cupcakes for Mason's class today.  He is super excited to be bringing cupcakes.

I am wondering... if I'll have all the presents wrapped and under the tree by the end of the week.

I am reading... Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman.  One of my favorite devotionals.  It has encouraged me through many trials.

I am hoping... for a fruitful shopping experience today.  Finishing the last of Christmas shopping.

I am looking forward to... redecorating after the holidays.

I am learning... to be a better planner which in turn makes me more organized.  The key phrase is I am learning.  I certainly have a long way to go.

Around the house... Christmas music is wafting about the house, kids are doing schoolwork and the washing machine is kindly washing my clothes for me.

I am pondering... grief.  There are days that I miss my dad so much.  Sometimes it feels like he died yesterday and not two and a half years ago.

A favorite quote for today... "To reflect the heavens above, the surface of the lake must be calm." ~ quoted from Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman. 

One of my favorite things... cleaning out.  I've been getting rid of a lot of unused items and it feels really good.  I even think my thoughts are more organized because of it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: taking care of the 'to do' list before Christmas, run to the library and post office, plan for co-op, start labels for a project and organize photos for another project.

A peek into one of my days...
A snowy morning.
 
Link up with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other daybooks or enter one of your own.

Comments

  1. Hi Kim, I'm visiting from Peggy's blog. Thanks for the link to the devotional. I'm always looking for something new, and the quote is spot on for how I'm feeling these days! You have a lovely way with writing, and I admire you for getting all this down in the midst of your busy family life. I wish I had taken more notes when I was raising mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim