the simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY May 20, 2014

Outside my window... the sun is shining, the grass is green and the birds are singing.  I believe it's finally spring.

I am thinking... of my sister-in-law who just celebrated a birthday.  When I married my husband, I also married into his family and have been blessed to enjoy each and every one of them.

I am thankful... for books and the ability to read them.  There is so much I can learn just by picking up a good book.

In the kitchen... a growing grocery list.  It includes food items for this holiday weekend.  Today is the day to shop and begin preparing food and snacks for this weekend.

I am wearing... a combination of blues and oranges and bare feet.  Hello warmer weather.

I am creating... a scavenger hunt.

I am going... to tackle the laundry today and spend time in the kitchen cooking, after I do some grocery shopping.

I am wondering... what to do for a summer getaway this year?

I am reading... When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert.

I am hoping... I am being a good role model for my kids.

I am looking forward to... a weekend with friends.

I am learning... about myself.  I took a personality test and am learning to live my strengths.

Around the house... the sweet sound of running feet and laughter.

A favorite quote for today... "If you want to be a loving person, you have to make love a verb." ~Pastor Mark

One of my favorite things... random acts of kindness.

A few plans for the rest of the week: grocery shopping, run a few errands, make a landscaping plan and pack for the weekend.

A peek into my day...
More than any of the other kids, he loves to climb trees.
 
To view other daybooks, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for visiting me today.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim