Simple Woman's Daybook


For today December 28, 2009

Outside my window.... the sun is shining and a cold wind is blowing.

I am thinking..... about family.

I am thankful for..... my husband and children.

I am wearing..... a fleece pullover and black athletic pants, seems to be the usual Monday fare.

I am hearing..... the boys playing a new video game they received for Christmas.

I am going..... to write a few thank you notes and send them out with my christmas cards that I haven't mailed yet. :O

I am reading..... Total Forgiveness by R.T. Kendall.

I am hoping..... to make a journal entry every day for the rest of the year.  :D

I am creating..... a special something for a dear friend... that I will post about in the near future.

On my mind..... a neighbor who recently experienced the passing of her mother.

From the learning rooms..... Christmas vacation!

Noticing that..... my fresh christmas greenery is no longer that fresh.

From the kitchen..... oven foods; such as breaded fish and french fries.

Pondering these words.... "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom." (Proverbs 11:2, ESV)

Around the house..... a few gifts laying under the christmas tree, a cup of hot water next to me and the dog snoring quietly .

One of my favorite things.... little animal tracks in fresh snow.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... relax, meet with friends and then pack for a weekend away.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....


If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. Kim....did you knit those cute socks?

    A weekend away, I am soooo jealous.

    bless you friend!

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted
    *expecting again...from Ethiopia...Yeah God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh...I love cozy socks! It certainly looks like a very comfy photo. Just dropping by checking out others daybooks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy cozy socks and unfortunately I'm not talented enough to knit them.
    I'm bringing the whole family on the weekend trip. Hope to get some much needed R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like life is good. It's wonderful this time of year. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim