Simple Woman's Daybook


For today December 7, 2009

Outside my window.... a dusting of snow fell overnight so the grass looks like a frosted mini-wheat.  More snow is forecast for this week.  Yay!  I always enjoy a white christmas.

I am thinking..... of all my blogging friends.  I really enjoy laughing and being uplifted by you all.  Thank you.

I am thankful for..... a creative God who can make each snowflake different from the other.

I am wearing..... an Old Navy t-shirt with gray pullover fleece, black athletic pants and my sons socks,  (he is growing so very fast).

I am hearing..... the furnace running and a dog barking outside.

I am going..... to paint christmas ornaments with the kids today.

I am reading..... Total Forgiveness by R.T. Kendall and The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers.

I am hoping..... that 2010 will bring less challenges and more blessings than 2009 has.  Or, that I will have more perseverance and endurance for the challenges.  :)

I am creating..... christmas cards.

On my mind..... our christmas party this Friday, praising God for his continued financial provision, wondering what God's plan is for my life and why I am experiencing so many stumbling blocks this year.

From the learning rooms..... we are reading "Jotham's Journey" for advent and then going through a series of activities each day with advent in mind.  We are also enjoying our daily math assignments and getting creative for spelling.

Noticing that..... I have some pain and sensitivity in one of my teeth, time to call the dentist.  :(

From the kitchen..... peanut butter and jelly for lunch and roasted balsamic chicken for dinner.

Pondering these words.... "My job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

Around the house..... the christmas trees are decorated and the house is looking cozy and festive.

One of my favorite things.... learning about different cultures and getting to know people from other countries.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... bake a cake for AWANA, call the dentist, bake a few christmas cookies, build a snowman (if the weather cooperates).

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....


If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. Okay, I think I just erased my first comment, if ya get two, I am sorry!

    I am so sorry about your rough year, I so hope 2010 is better. It has been a rough year for me, not so much financially but personally. It has been almost a daily struggle but I definitely have grown a lot closer to God and understand Him more because of it...hoping you will feel closer to Him as you get through this trial.

    I LOVE the Mark of the Lion series. It helped me understand the Biblical culture so much more and when I read scripture from that time period it is so much clearer to me.

    Have fun at your Christmas party and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim