Simple Woman's Daybook


For today November 16, 2009

Outside my window.... sun breaking through clouds and frost.

I am thinking..... of Christmas and how to make it memorable this year.

I am thankful for..... diverse friends.

I am wearing..... great shirt and black pants.

I am hearing..... the children playing.

I am going..... crazy, want to come along?

I am reading..... Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

I am hoping and praying..... my husband finds permanent full-time employment he can enjoy.

I am creating..... a prayer box.

On my mind..... I am concerned about my daughter's eyes.

From the learning rooms..... Russia: The Land of Endurance, science and nature, and the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic.

Noticing that..... the holiday shopping commercials are everywhere and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet.

Pondering these words.... "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." (Matt 18:22 ,After Peter asked Jesus in v. 21, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?")

From the kitchen..... oh boy, do I really have to think of dinner again?  Didn't I just do that yesterday?  Ah ha!  Tacos.

Around the house..... the children are now having a quiet moment drawing on the whiteboard together and the house looks as if a tornado went through.

One of my favorite things.... jumping in bed after a long day.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... AWANA Tuesday, Flag Football Wednesday, Bible study on Thursday and leaving some space for spontaneity.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

It was a long day and she couldn't keep her eyes open to enjoy one of her favorite treats.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy, who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed your daybook and I'm thankful to see one for today. The picture of your daughter is so sweet. Children are so wonderful. Christmas is wonderful but we should be thinking about Thanksgiving. Some of the stores here put up Christmas before Halloween. I guess it's a good thing if you want to put things on layaway. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. 77 times-- seventy seven. I think that as humans that concept is difficult for us to remember at times... 77. Wow. That's patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lOVE Francine Rivers! I am trying to remember if I have read that one...I need to see.

    I said a prayer, both for your husband and your daughter.

    I hate that we skip Thanksgiving and move to Christmas, although I do try to get my shopping done. It seems the Christmas push begins a little earlier every year.

    That picture of your daughter is absolutely precious! sometimes I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim