Simple Woman's Daybook


For today November 9, 2009

Outside my window.... bare trees and a mix of sun and clouds in the sky.

I am thinking..... of my family and how much I miss them since we all live in different cities.

I am thankful for..... my wonderful husband.

I am wearing..... comfy gray sweatshirt and black athletic pants.

I am hearing..... the hum of the refrigerator and nothing else. (ahhhh)

I am going..... to eat cinnamon rolls and drink coffee.

I am reading..... The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel.

I am hoping..... to someday hear the words, "well done my good and faithful servant".

I am creating..... a home where my children feel loved.

On my mind..... Eschatology, something I know very little about.

From the learning rooms..... Russia: The Land of Endurance, science and nature, and the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic.

Noticing that..... my chocolate lab seems to be slowing down in his advanced years.

Pondering these words.... In almost everything that touches our everyday life on earth, God is pleased when we're pleased. He wills that we be as free as birds to soar and sing our maker's praise without anxiety.
~A.W. Tozer

From the kitchen..... porterhouse steak, mushrooms, potatoes and green beans.

Around the house..... is general cleanliness with the exception of a suitcase that needs to be unpacked from our weekend away.

One of my favorite things.... colorful gel pens and my journal.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... AWANA Tuesday, Flag Football Wednesday, Bible study and job interview on Thursday, small group gathering Friday, Pampered Chef party Saturday and church on Sunday.  Whew!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you..... playing with Grandpa's trains.


If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy, who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. Love the picture!!!

    My family lives far off, too and I miss them so much. Especially this time of year when we are preparing for the holidays and I can't shop and share the fun wiht my mom and sisters!

    I am so impressed that your house is in a general state of cleanliness. I am hoping by days end, mine will be too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some good food. I love Cinnamon rolls and everything you are having for later. I like those gel pens too. I like the book your reading. I have studied Eschatology. I wonder why it's on your mind. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reread the words you are pondering several times. I truly believe God wants us to know the simplicity that comes with knowing Christ. Religion can sometimes put on us so much more than Christ does.

    From your kitchen sounds great. Hope you have a wonderfully, blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim