Sharing the Ups and Downs

I am an introvert. I am private. Therefore, I do not share my life openly with many people. Through various books that I've been reading, it has come to my attention that I need to try and be more public and extroverted. And again, this morning while reading Laced with Grace I read this,

Naomi shared her life with Ruth. She allowed Ruth to see, hear, and feel all the joy and anguish of her relationship with God. Do you share your inner most thoughts and questions about God with your spouse, family members and close friends? Sharing openly about our relationship with God can bring depth and intimacy to our relationships with others. It can even bring them to know their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Through Naomi’s openness to share her relationship with God, Ruth was willing to accept that faith as well, and in so doing became the great-grandmother of King David and a direct ancestor of Jesus.

Let us not be afraid to share our life openly with others. We don’t need to sugar coat our relationship with God… The Christian life is full of ups and downs; but the key to our witness is how we live our lives in front of others; willing to share trials, problems and discouragements along with the wonderful blessings. One day I hope to hear someone say again, “I want what she’s having”, because they see something or Someone in me that they truly desire and need…. Jesus.


I want to live life without being afraid to share openly with others. I want to be generous with my life. I want people to see, that through the ups and downs, you can still be faithful. With God's help, I will become more open.

Starting with this blog!

Comments

  1. Being open is a rare commodity. It perhaps closely ressembles being real or genuine. It seems there is much more value attached to anything genuine. We can encourage others greatly,sometimes, by sharing our ups and downs.And beautifully, others have an opportunity to encourage us. Being generous with your life is a noble quest

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim