Today I'm Tired, and Thankful


Some days it feels like too much.
Too much noise.
Too many messes.
Too many demanding my time.
Too much laundry.

Today I'm tired.  I'm weary of being at home so much.  I'm tired of cooking.  I'm too weary to be creative.  I want to hang a closed sign around my neck and go to sleep.

And yet, God's word tells me not to grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time I will reap a harvest if I do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)

So, I look out the window and observe the birds.  I take a few deep cleansing breaths.  I remember all the things I'm thankful for.

Children healthy enough to make noise.
GI Joe figures that jump over the railing with grocery bag parachutes.
A husband who can work from home.
Clothing, food and shelter that allow me to eat and sleep in comfort.
The beauty of a sunset and the promise of a sunrise on the morrow.

Comments