On My Bookshelf


This book has been such an eye opener for me. I loved and hated this book. Loved it and everything in it. I hated it because it pointed to thoughts, actions, words and patterns in myself that needed (and need) to be surrendered.
Ok, I must say, I didn't really hate this book. My grandma's voice was just inside my head saying, "You can dislike things, but reserve hate for the devil." I disliked this book only because it's hard to take off that comfortable habit, even though it's for my good.

Shannon writes, Maybe you’ve never labelled yourself as “controlling”. But do you erupt in anger when things don’t go according to plan? Or do you melt in anxiety when things slip from your grasp? Are you a perfectionist who obsesses over making everything turn out “right”? These negative behaviors often stem from a deep, underlying desire for control.

Control Girl is wonderfully written with lots of real struggles from Shannon and others. I suggest you purchase a copy, read it and keep it on your bookshelf.  I'm sure this is one I will refer to over and over as I grow and mature into the woman I know I can be. If you live close, you can borrow my copy and then we can take the 5 C Challenge together.

Comments