simple woman's daybook

For Today August 11, 2016

Looking out my window... beautiful refreshing rain is falling on the parched ground!

I am thinking... if you wait until you think you are ready to do something challenging, you'll never do it.

I am thankful... for my thoughtful husband who ordered a birthday cake for me to be frosted in my favorite color, turquoise.

One of my favorite things... the end of a workout!

I am wearing... tank top, shorts and bare feet.  It's h.o.t and humid.

I am creating... a shopping list.

I read...  Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst for a summer study I do with a few friends.  It was fabulous!  I highly recommend it.

I am hoping... to clean the wood floors on my hands and knees today.  Ugh, it's one of my least favorite chores but so worth it when I'm finished.

I am learning... that a minority of jelly belly candy in a Bean Boozled box are actually tasty.  The others have flavors such as Stinky Socks, Rotten Egg, Moldy Cheese and Canned Dog Food.  :0

In my kitchen... Carnitas in the crock pot and a giant cucumber we found hiding in the garden.

It's huge, right?!

In the school room... planning has begun.  Went to the co-op planning meeting earlier in the week and the boys have already been reading some books for the new school year.  Shhh, they don't know they're for school.  I like to be sneaky that way.  Just leave one or two lying around to peek their interest.  I love it when a plan comes together.

In my garden... cucumbers and tomatoes.  The zucchini are not doing well.  I planted them in a new spot this year and they don't seem happy. 

Shared Quote...

A moment from my day...
Megan's portrait of Patrick.  :)

I visit Peggy at The Simple Woman to read daybook posts from other bloggers and you can too!  Just follow this link.  Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. Enjoyed visiting with you here today.
    Beginning homeschool planning underway in our house too!
    I get so excited this time of year!
    Have a cozy evening...
    Snuggled up listening to the rain here. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those jelly bean flavors are just plain weird. And they seem to get worse in the fall, with Halloween gross-out varieties.

    The end of a working is DEFINITELY the best part.


    Visiting from SWD. Mine's up at Practically at Home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim