Day Two

So, if you were wondering, blogging from my tablet proved to be just this side of irritating.  Therefore, I will finish my vacation posts from the comfort of my home computer.

Patrick and I were able to go on a second honeymoon to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  At first we toyed with a far off location like Europe or an island adventure in the Pacific and in the end we settled on a road trip from Phoenix, AZ to Denver, CO.  This seemed like a nostalgic idea since we went on a road trip to Colorado for our newlywed honeymoon.

We absolutely loved this road trip and would do it again in a heartbeat.  After arriving in Phoenix by air, we rented a vehicle and drove to Sedona, AZ on day one where we planned to stay a few nights.

Day two we enjoyed breakfast at the hotel restaurant and headed out for some hiking and sightseeing.

We had the place to ourselves.

Hi honey...can I just order please?



The views were magnificent.

Still getting used to this selfie thing.

The picture perfect, hot(!) day.

The trail we hiked in 102 degree weather.  We didn't make it very far.

After our sightseeing and hiking we headed back to the hotel to rest for dinner.  We enjoyed pizza on the patio with a glass of wine for me and a beer for Patrick.  Our server recommended the Black Cow for ice cream.  I bought a souvenir t-shirt that I wore the next day; it smelled like ice cream! 

Up the hill from the hotel on our way to dinner.

Top of the hill view.

Mason wanted us to take pictures of cactus if we saw any.  That's my ouchy face.

My groom. ♥

Patrick, pizza and pinot noir on the patio.  Doesn't get much better for this girl.

More cactus.

Comments