simple woman's daybook

For Today... May 2, 2016

Looking out my window... a beautiful day filled with sunshine, birds and new leaves.  It's a weed pulling, gardening kind of day.

I am thinking... of Christopher Yuan and his family.

I am thankful... for days when my heart is heavy.  It allows me to slow down and ponder all the blessings in my life.

I am wearing... blue jeans and a black sweatshirt and flip flops.  The flip flops are so I can kick them off at any time today and feel the green grass between my toes.

I am creating created... a terrarium.

I am going... to do a few loads of laundry and tidy the house today.  I am also going to work on a long overdue budget and then a meal plan for the month.

I am wondering... what my children will be when they grow up?  Will they use those things they are passionate about now?

I am reading... Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty because I wanted something light.

I am hoping... we can push through this final month of school and finish strong.

I am learning... not to procrastinate.  Work gets done when you do it.  I don't want to think I can do it tomorrow because I may not have a tomorrow.

In the garden... me!  Looking forward to shaping things up and adding some compost this week.

In my kitchen... a refrigerator in need of purging and a pantry in need of filling.  Hence the meal planning. 

In the homeschool room... the boys will be finished with their math curriculum by the end of the week!  One more co-op meeting before the end of the year picnic and a sense that this was one of our best years yet. 

Shared quote... "Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." ~Mark Twain

A peek into one of my days... 
Birthday balloons for Megan.

One of my favorite things... fresh cut flowers in the house.

If you would like to read daybook entries by other simple women, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by! ~Kim

Comments

  1. Oh, I love this time of year when I can kick my shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass :) Enjoyed your daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to google Christopher Yuan because I hadn't heard of him before. What a testimony!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree I love fresh cut flowers, my hubby brought me some this week. Loved visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen and children are beautiful. I so admire people who homeschool. I enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Mark Twain quote.
    And your banner photo is tremendous!
    Just jumping in for The Simple Woman's Daybook for the first time (with my PRACTICALLY AT HOME blog. Glad to find yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Don't you just love spring days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim