When You Want to Bring a Meal

I recently listened to a podcast on friendship by Timothy Keller.  You can find it here if you're curious.  In an effort to be a friend to those around me, I have tried to look outside of my comfort zone for ways to support my friends.  One way that presented itself was in the form of making a meal for a friend in need.

Making meals to bring for a friend after a birth, surgery, illness or just to bless them has not been my strong suit.  The minute I commit to bring a meal, a whole slue of insecurities rise up.  What will I bring?  I'm not a very good cook.  What if they don't like the way I prepare this?  Do they have food sensitivities or allergies of any kind?  Do I need to include dessert?  Should it be hot or cold?  Can I just pull out something from my freezer?  What time should I deliver it?  Will there be enough?  Should I make it spicy?  What if it's too spicy?  The list goes on and on!

So in light of all those insecurities I figured I needed a fresh take and some new ideas for meals.  I did what any 21st century girl does to find great creative ideas.  I turned to Pinterest.  And I found this!


This blog post by Peanut Blossom was filled with great advice and wonderful meal ideas.  It was so good, that I just had to share it with you today.  Enjoy!

Comments