Five Minute Friday : Pass

pass
pass

Traveling on the mountain pass, navigating the twists and turns.  Going through tunnels that are so small you can reach your hand out the car window and touch the wall.  Every corner brings a new view.  Tall pines crowd the road.  On the next turn the view opens to sweeping valleys with a view of sunny pastures.  You can hear the rush of water before you see the waterfall around the corner.  On one side of the pass, sheer rock and on the other, a drop to certain death with no fence or safety rail.  Looking beyond the loose gravel at the turn, you can see the mountains looming and their shadows on the water below.

Life is a lot like this.  One adventure after the other.  Harrowing drops into the unknown and twists and turns you don't see coming.  The sound of rushing water from a stream moving too fast to wade into.  Yet, you have no fear.  Just excitement and the rush of adrenaline.  Your knuckles might whiten as you strengthen your grip on the door handle, but that is more from not knowing what is around the next corner than it is lack of faith in your driver. 

Then the road straightens out, you loosen your grip and open the window to smell the fresh pine scent.  Pulling into a rest area, you find a sparkling brook babbling over rocks that have been worn smooth with time.  You roll up your pant legs and take off your shoes.  Dip your feet into the cool water and lift your face to the warm sun.  You look behind you at the mountain pass you just traversed.  You made it.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever. 


Five Minute Friday is a wild and wonderful flash mob of words.  Five minutes on one prompt. No overthinking or editing.  Please visit Kate Motaung and link up with Five Minute Friday to see more.

Comments

  1. Kim, I am so happy I visited you and your beautiful family. Wondering where you live...Come visit me please at Hope Heart Home. I'm in #20 at Kate's FMF.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim