simple woman's daybook

For Today... January 18, 2016
 
Outside my window... sky is clear, the sun is bright and the thermometer reads -3 degrees!
 
I am thinking... of what a strange winter it has been.  So strange in fact that there are robins still living in the area.  They should be long gone.
 
I am thankful... for God's peace which transcends all understanding.
 
I am wearing... layers for warmth!
 
I am creating... an organized, less cluttered home
 
I am going... to enjoy a blueberry tea while I finish this post.
 
I am wondering... what else I have to get rid of in this house.  I've had several successful listings on Craigslist.com and it is good motivation to purge more.
 
I am reading... Still Alice by Lisa Genova and Tales from the Milestone by Ben Wajikra
 
I am hoping... to find a good read about the 1950's and 1960's.  Fiction or non-fiction.
 
I am learning... to wait patiently.  I have been a bit restless lately and can't seem to work it out. 
 
In my garden... the seeds and soil are covered by a blanket of snow.
 
In my kitchen... I am going to try to make Baked Potato Soup.  I just love ordering it when I eat out, so I thought, why not try to make a version at home.
 
In the homeschool room... we are joyfully entering unit 3 of our 4 unit curriculum.  The kids and I are surprised at how fast the first two units went by.  Here's hoping the last two move as quickly.
 
A favorite quote for today... Since today is Martin Luther King Jr. day, I must use one of my favorites by him; "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
 
A peek into one of my days dreams... dreaming of the ocean today.  Preferably in a warm location.
 
 
One of my favorite things... going out to lunch with my girlfriends!
 
If you would like to read daybook entries from other simple women or join with an entry of your own, please visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by today.

Comments

  1. Baked potato soup sounds yummy on a cold winters day!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim