simple woman's daybook

For Today... October 5, 2015
 
Outside my window... the sky is gray, the leaves on the maple tree are just turning red-brown and the geese are loudly flying overhead.

I am thinking... October would be a great month to blog every day.

I am thankful... to be living in an area that experiences four seasons.

I am wearing... black pants and a red t-shirt.

I am creating... a mess of a curtain project.  I am an amateur seamstress, very amateur and have met my match in the six curtain panels I am trying to sew.

I am going... to clean out the shelves in the storage room and make an overflow pantry area.

I am wondering... if I could sneak in a nap today.  This momma is tired this afternoon.
 
I am reading... To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
 
I am hoping... to either pick my own apples or make it to the orchard and purchase some pre-picked so I can make apple pie and all sorts of apple yummies.
 
I am learning... how to deal with a difficult person.
In my garden... squash, pumpkin and tomatoes.

In my kitchen... a homemade fruit fly trap!
In the homeschool room... all is quiet.  The kids are finished for the day.
 
A favorite quote for today... All men should make coffee for their women.  It says it right in the bible….”HEBREW”.

One of my favorite things... the geese flying overhead in spring and especially fall.
 
A peek into one of my days...
Mason successfully dove for a 'sinker' for the first time at swimming lessons.
 
Thanks for visiting!  If you enjoyed my daybook and would like to read other daybooks from other simple women, please link up with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog.

Comments

  1. I am visiting from the Daybook. I can relate to wanting a nap. I have wanted on all afternoon. And the homemade fruit dly trap . . . vinegar and. paper cone in a glass? I LOVE your quote. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curtains are awful things to sew, don't beat yourself up about it. I have enjoyed a peep into your life, thanks. Enjoy the rest of the week.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful we experience all the seasons where I live, too. Although I do wish they were more evenly balanced!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim