simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY September 15, 2014

Outside my window... a gentle rain is falling making ripples in puddles and drip drops on the trees.
 
I am thinking... of the great horned owls my husband and I had the pleasure of observing the other night.
 
I am thankful... for candles that can chase the gray day out of the house and give it a cozy warm and wonderful smell throughout.

In the kitchen... leftover Mexican surprise and something for dinner.  Hmmm, I'll have to give dinner more thought.

I am wearing... shorts, t-shirt and fleece pullover.

I am creating... butterfly snack bags for my trip to Burkina.

I am going... to put Mason down for a nap in a minute and then do a French lesson or two.

I am wondering... how to live every moment of every day, selfless.

I am reading... The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

I am hoping... life will slow down a wee bit so I can take inventory and catch my breath.

I am looking forward to... finishing all the preparation for my trip to Africa and leaving on a jet plane in a little over two weeks. 

I am learning... what it means to be a fisher of men.

Around the house... sick kids, a lazy dog, a busy washing machine and clean dishes in the dishwasher.

I am pondering... the very slow and imperfect progress of maturing as a wife, mother and friend.

A favorite quote for today... "If you must err, do so on the side of audacity." ~from The Invention of Wings

One of my favorite things... free time to wander and take pictures.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish lesson plans, grocery shop, put together a couple freezer meals, teach at co-op and take pictures.

A peek into my day...
 
One of the very first times she picked a book up and began reading on her own.
 
Link up to The Simple Woman's daybook by visiting Peggy at The Simple Woman's blog.  Thanks for stopping by! ~Kim

 
 

Comments

  1. Your trip is getting so close, so exciting
    You have a busy week ahead. Hope it's a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture ! I have a reluctant reader too , not that he can't , he just doesn't see it as something to do for mere pleasure . Hoping that changes! Can't wait to hear about your Africa trip. I know it will be overwhelming ! And wonderful! But now I have to go play music to get "leaving on a jet plane" out of my head or I will be singing it all day ! LOL
    Blessings , Lora

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim