Monday, July 21, 2014

simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY July 21, 2014

Outside my window... beautiful sunshine and not a cloud in the sky.

I am thinking... about my friends and how good it is to visit with them.

I am thankful... for opportunities to learn and grow.

In the kitchen... a collection of flowers in a vase.

I am wearing... gray tank top and plaid shorts.

I am creating... "butterfly bodies" out of clothespins that will eventually be used for a cute snack presentation.

I am going... room by room and purging all the stuff I don't need or want anymore.
 
I am wondering... what items to pack in a backpack for a child in Africa?

I am reading... just started Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel, Bret Witter

I am hoping... my doctor visit goes well today.

I am looking forward to... talking to my mom.

I am learning... that my weaknesses aren't necessarily a bad thing.  They can be used for greater purpose.

Around the house... a few dust bunnies are romping around, a breeze is whispering in the windows and the kids are all still in bed.

I am pondering... my gifts and talents and using them in unexpected ways.

A favorite quote for today... "Kindness is just love with it's work boots on." ~unknown

One of my favorite things... green apple Jolly Ranchers. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: hosting friends tonight, bible study tomorrow, playdate Wednesday, free day on Thursday and then it's the weekend!

A peek into my day...
Relaxing by the fire on a beautiful summer evening.
 
Link up with Peggy from The Simple Woman's Daybook to read more.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I'm purging room by room too. We have too much stuff!
    By a fire is a great way to end a Summer Evening :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim