simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY July 21, 2014

Outside my window... beautiful sunshine and not a cloud in the sky.

I am thinking... about my friends and how good it is to visit with them.

I am thankful... for opportunities to learn and grow.

In the kitchen... a collection of flowers in a vase.

I am wearing... gray tank top and plaid shorts.

I am creating... "butterfly bodies" out of clothespins that will eventually be used for a cute snack presentation.

I am going... room by room and purging all the stuff I don't need or want anymore.
 
I am wondering... what items to pack in a backpack for a child in Africa?

I am reading... just started Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel, Bret Witter

I am hoping... my doctor visit goes well today.

I am looking forward to... talking to my mom.

I am learning... that my weaknesses aren't necessarily a bad thing.  They can be used for greater purpose.

Around the house... a few dust bunnies are romping around, a breeze is whispering in the windows and the kids are all still in bed.

I am pondering... my gifts and talents and using them in unexpected ways.

A favorite quote for today... "Kindness is just love with it's work boots on." ~unknown

One of my favorite things... green apple Jolly Ranchers. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: hosting friends tonight, bible study tomorrow, playdate Wednesday, free day on Thursday and then it's the weekend!

A peek into my day...
Relaxing by the fire on a beautiful summer evening.
 
Link up with Peggy from The Simple Woman's Daybook to read more.  Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. I'm purging room by room too. We have too much stuff!
    By a fire is a great way to end a Summer Evening :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim