simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY July 7, 2014

Outside my window... beautiful blue sky, summer flowers and birds flying here and there.

I am thinking... of my weaknesses.

I am thankful... for all the wonderful fresh produce that is available to me through various farmers in the area.

In the kitchen... clean countertops, clean dishes and clean table!

I am wearing... new earrings made from old silverware.

I am creating... a list of potential snacks to bring for the women of Dorcas House.

I am going... to run a few errands and enjoy the company of  good friends later today.

I am wondering... what pictures to include in my photo book that I'll be using as a source of communication with people in Burkina Faso.

I just finished reading... Allegiant by Veronica Roth

I am hoping... to put some new things into the kids morning routine.

I am looking forward to... treating myself to something special.

I am learning... to be deliberate, intentional, strategic and disciplined in my parenting.

Around the house... there is a dust bunny convention that I'm going to break-up today.

I am pondering... this funk I've been in lately.  I'm restless, can't sleep much and have a hard time concentrating or finding joy in the midst of it.

A favorite quote for today... "If things are tough, remember that every flower that ever bloomed had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there." ~Barbara Johnson

One of my favorite things... is being at the Farmer's market and purchasing locally grown fruit, veggies and other treats like goat cheese and homemade pasta.  Yum!

A few plans for the rest of the week: laundry, bible study, doctor appt., softball game, possible landscape projects and play.

A peek into my day...

 
Link up with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to see other's entries.  Thanks for stopping by!

Comments