Five Minute Friday: Finish

 
fin·ish verb \ˈfi-nish\
 
: to reach the end of (something) : to stop doing (something) because it is completed
: to be done with building or creating (something)
: to cause something to end or stop : to reach the end of something
 
There are some days that I wonder why I'm running this race.  I look in the mirror and see the concern on my face.  I wake up in the morning and just want to go back to sleep.
 
Parenting is hard work.  No one told me this.  Well, my mom did, but she was referring to parenting me and I thought she was joking. :)
 
There are times when I wonder if I will ever see the fruit of my labor.  Will the words sink in?  Will the actions speak?  Will the love cover all my mistakes?
 
Then I remember two things: 
 
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” ~Psalm 46:10
 
Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. ~James 1:4
 
Be still and let perseverance finish the race.

Five Minute Friday is a wild and wonderful flash mob of words.  Five minutes on one prompt. No overthinking or editing.  Please visit Lisa-Jo Baker and link up with Five Minute Friday to see more.

Comments

  1. Yes parenting is a long race, and often more of a jog walk. I know I've found myself limping at times but perseverance is key. I love that verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry...your kids are greatly blessed, and even if they don't know it now, they will someday. Just keep persevering and leaning into Him for strength (and maybe a little patience). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parenting is the same as teaching, sometimes it is not until the end of the year that you can see the growth, for in the day to day it seems like all of our effort is not doing anything! Joining hands as we persevere together! I homeschooled my children for a spell as well. Press on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim