simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY April 21, 2014

Outside my window... the sun is setting on a beautiful day, the kids are playing in the backyard and I can hear the call of a Redwing blackbird.

I am thinking... of the garden and the work that needs be done to it as the growing season begins.

I am thankful... for our playset that we built more than eight years ago.  It was nothing fancy, purchased as a kit from a big box store, but has provided the kids with hours and hours of outdoor fun.

In the kitchen... I just finished cleaning up after our steak dinner and am now in the kitchen enjoying a few moments to myself.

I am wearing... sweatpants, tank top, fleece pull-over, polka dot socks and a ponytail.  Not exactly an outfit to go anywhere, but the day is almost done and I'm winding down for bed already.

I am creating... a small list of things to do to prepare the garden for a fruitful growing season.

I am going... to the salon on Wednesday.  Wondering if I should do something drastic or play it safe?  Maybe I'll leave it in Jessica's capable hands.

I am wondering... if there has been a more enjoyable team on The Amazing Race than Flight Time and Big Easy.  My husband and I enjoy watching The Amazing Race and were sad to see them go last night.  Such great role models for our boys! 

I am reading... hmmm, good question.  I have about 6 books that I'm currently reading, however, I can't seem to settle on just one to finish right now and it's causing a case of confusion in my brain.

I am hoping... I never stop learning and growing in mind, body and spirit.

I am looking forward to... Mason's bedtime!  He has been feeling under the weather lately and is unusually cranky.  Looking forward to peeking in on his sleeping face tonight.

I am learning... how bacon is made.
 
 
Around the house... washing machine and dryer are busy, the dining room table is full of books and papers from a busy school day and the dog is outside enjoying the spring evening.

I am pondering... what these days must have been like for Jesus' disciples and those that loved Him after Jesus rose from the dead and was among them.  I get goosebumps just imagining it.


One of my favorite things... eavesdropping on my children's imaginative play.  You can learn a lot about what's on their mind this way!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Awana, Royal Rangers, haircut appointment, library visit, play in the garden, host small group and coffee with a friend.

A peek into my day...
 
Ice from the birdbath as art?
 
Please link up with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other daybooks or to link one of your own.  Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. I don't want to know how bacon is made. I just want to go to the store and buy it. If I had to kill my own meat (like on a farm) I'd be a vegetarian!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim