simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY April 14, 2014

Outside my window... the 'S' word!  Snow that is.  In spring I'm not real excited about it, but it sure is beautiful and I know it will be melting soon.
 
I am thinking... about my dad more than usual today.  He liked to call attention to special dates that held some sort of pattern or repeated a number an unusual amount of times.  Such as November 11, 2011 would be 11-11-11.  It was a competition to see who could be first to announce the date.  So, today being 4-14-14 is upon my heart and I miss his phone calls.
 
I am thankful... for music.  Music has the power to motivate me to clean.  It helps me persevere during a run and it will remind me of special memories. 
 
In the kitchen... for dinner tonight we are having fried perch, honey corn biscuits and hopefully some sort of vegetable.
 
I am wearing... a school sweatshirt, blue jeans and fun socks.
 
I am creating... a list of blog posts.
 
I am going... to enjoy a cup of chai just as soon as the kettle heats up the water.
 
I am wondering... what's the difference between a yam and a sweet potato?  So, I looked it up on the internet and found this article.  Apparently they are not related.  Who knew?
 
I am reading... the baking instructions for the honey corn biscuits.  Dinner will be here in no time. 
 
I am hoping... to write a few letters this week and order a few prints for a photo album I'm working on.
 
I am looking forward to... celebrating Easter!
 
I am still learning... French.  I hope to get through the first of five cd's this week.
 
Around the house... the radio is providing background music while the kids are working on some schoolwork, the dog is napping at my feet and I'm here, just typing away.
 
I am pondering... making love a verb.  Pastor Brian says that love is others focused without giving attention to what might come back to me.  So true!
 
A favorite quote for today... "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" ~Dr. Seuss
 
One of my favorite things... walking away from coffee with a girlfriend with a full heart because she knows just how to encourage you.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: enjoy spring by building a snowman! :)

A peek into my day... 

 
If you enjoyed reading my daybook, I would encourage you to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  As Peggy says, "Wherever you live and whatever you are doing, I hope you will join us this month as we change seasons and pause to remember the details!"

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my daybook last week! Wow.. learn something new every day! I always thought sweet potatoes and yams were one in the same! Who knew? Your dinner sounds delish! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your daybook! You sound a lot like me ...

    Loved the quote by Dr. Seuss and also, what your Pastor said about love.

    Music motivates me to clean, too.

    Also, I always thought yams and sweet potatoes were the same, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim