No Room for Doubt

As with anything that is unknown, there is usually a bit of anxiety and doubt.  So I shouldn't be surprised that I experience waves of doubt about going to Burkina Faso.  The excitement that I feel about the trip starts to fade and then the doubt sets in.  Will I raise enough support to even go?  The flight will be long; was my doctor correct when he said it was okay to travel even with my blood disorder?  Will my children be okay without me?  How will my husband cope? :)
 
One of the unexpected joys of my journey so far has been the encouragement and support from various friends and even strangers.  I have received several heartwarming letters and just talked to the librarian today who was able to share her own story about Africa and re-ignited my passion to go.
 
Just when I let my doubts and anxiety get a grip on my heart, letters come in the mail and strangers have just the right words to whisk it all away.  I realize this is God's adventure and I'm just along for the ride.  There is no room for doubt.  He is in the details and is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim