5 Minute Friday: Friend



friend noun \ˈfrend\
: a person who you like and enjoy being with
: a person who helps or supports someone or something

The word brings to mind my oldest and dearest friend.  Her name is Jessica.  We met in high school and have been friends ever since.  She laughs with me and cries with me.  She holds me accountable and listens to me ramble.  We share a love of reading, dark chocolate m&m's and baking among so many other things.  Throughout the years our friendship has been a sheltering tree.  Changing with our seasons, growing stronger with each passing year.  Every time we see each other it's like a spring rain, warm and cleansing.  I always walk away from our time together with a spring in my step and my heart overflowing.  Thanks Jessica for being there for me through the good times and the bad.  Thanks for your encouragement and love.  Thanks for sharing in my memories and listening to my hopes and dreams.  I am so thankful that we will share eternity together.  I can just see us in heaven, sharing a coffee and a good story when the day is through.

An oldie, taken in 2008.  I guess I need an updated photo of us.
 
Do you have five minutes?  Join 5 minute Friday!

Comments

  1. What a sweet post. True friends are tough to find but so very special when you do find them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old friends are hard to come by. This makes me a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim