simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY January 14, 2014

 Outside my window... snow softly falling and covering all I see.

 I am thinking... of my husbands somewhat unexpected business trip and how much we miss him. 

I am thankful... for a lovely visit we had with friends this weekend.

In the kitchen... delicious juicy oranges, homemade organic grape jam, beautiful fresh eggs and spicy meat sticks all given to us by family and friends.

I am wearing... white tank top with a navy blue fleece pullover and burnt orange sweatpants.

I am creating... a list of things I'll change in our homeschooling thanks to reading this post.

I am going... to bake cookies with the kids.

I am wondering... how many books I should purchase.  I need to purchase at least two specific books and I always like to throw in one or two for personal enjoyment. 

I am reading... nothing at the moment.  Considering The Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel.

I am hoping... to be patient and gentle in all my relationships.

I am looking forward to... spring!  Alas, it's a bit of a dream at the moment, but the temperatures are above freezing and giving me spring fever.

I am learning... about Shakespeare with the kids.  A bit embarrassed to say my knowledge of the Bard of Avon is/was extremely limited.  Fun to be able to explore his works through children's books.

Around the house... bags of snow gear, a few suitcases to be unpacked still and lots of lighting catalogs.  All evidence of our weekend trip.

I am pondering... the benefits of sleep.  Something that has been alluding me the past few nights.

A favorite quote for today... "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." ~Mother Teresa

One of my favorite things... is learning. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: relax and enjoy the simple things like baking cookies with the kids and cuddling under a cozy blanket while reading a few good books.

A peek into my day... 
The beautiful fresh eggs.
 
Thank you for reading my daybook.  If you would like to read other daybooks or join with an entry of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

Comments