simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY April 22,2013


Outside my window... 
I see robins, cedar waxwings and red winged blackbirds out and about.

I am thinking... about my beautiful daughter who turns six this weekend.

I am thankful... for the opportunity to stay at home with my children and the freedom to school them at home.

In the kitchen... homemade lotion.

I am wearing... a red t-shirt, black fleece jacket and black pants.

I am creating... gifts for five wonderful women.

I am going... to enjoy a specialty coffee this morning.

I am wondering... what pictures to use for a new home decor project I'm working on.

I am reading... Home Improvement: Eight Tools for Effective Parenting by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller

I am hoping... to see the sunshine more and more with each passing day.  So far the forecast is looking pretty gray.

I am looking forward to... summer vacation and relaxation!!

I am learning... new ways to parent effectively.

Around the house... a sleeping dog, children with full tummies, raindrops on windows and a mama on the computer.

I am pondering... as we celebrate Earth day, what did the earth look like after God first created it and how different the earth may be today.

A favorite quote for today... "... How can one know color in perpetual green, and what good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?" ~John Steinbeck

One of my favorite things... an appointment free day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish lesson plans for the school year, continue the spring cleaning/cleanout that we began this weekend and enjoy fellowship with friends throughout the week.

A peek into my day...
At any given moment Mason can be counted upon to make a gun out of whatever he's holding. Here, it is a Nerf gun, but I've also seen him use a baseball bat, remote control, pencil/crayon/marker, squirt bottle, stick and even the broom as a gun. Today he told me he was shooting bananas at me!
Thanks for stopping by to read my daybook.  If you would like to read other daybook entries or join the fun with an entry of your own, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Comments