the simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY October 15, 2012

Outside my window...
red, orange and yellow leaves are sprinkled on the grass and the land is drying out after a weekend with lots of rain.

I am thinking... of brown paper packages tied up with string.

I am thankful... for healthcare professionals that care for us when we can't care for ourselves.

In the kitchen... harlequin squash, acorn squash, turnips, beets and zucchini all ripe and waiting for me to make something more of them.

I am wearing... black athletic pants, turquoise shirt and black fleece coat to keep the chill away.

I am creating... small items with polymer clay.

I am going... to see a production of The Secret Garden in which a friends daughter is cast as Mary Lennox.  I can't wait.

I am wondering... why my days and weeks seem to be flying by at warp speed.

I am reading... you know I love to read and sometimes my 'to read' list gets interrupted by life of all things!  :)  Right now on the nightstand are Dewey: A Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World and Gone Girl.  Not sure which one I should read first, but hoping I'll be able to finish them before they are due at the library.

I am hoping... the sun will come out and stay today.  I could use a good dose of sunshine.

I am looking forward to... celebrating the autumn season with apple cider, pumpkin pie, raking leaves and cozy-ing up in warm sweaters.

I am learning... all about the tabernacle this week.

Around the house... washer and dryer are working, the closets are getting organized, all small clothes out and bigger clothes in and the realization that three out of the four children will need winter coats this season!

I am pondering... a basement finishing project and what the space might need to function as if we are able to finish it someday.

A favorite quote for today... "Do not put an expiration date on your prayers."  ~Dr. John Stumbo

One of my favorite things... hot air balloons floating overhead.

A few plans for the rest of the week: clean out and organize closets, get a haircut, attend co-op and fit in grocery shopping and all the other weekly activities that fill our calendar.

A peek into my day...
We found this on our doorstep last night.
  Halloween must be right around the corner.  Now to pay it forward.
 
If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with an entry of your own, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Thanks for stopping by! ~Kim

Comments

  1. Sweaters are one of the things I like about fall too. I have The Secret Garden selected for my daughter to read this year. Enjoy the play :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim