simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY September 10, 2012

Outside my window...
a lazy fog hangs in the lowland areas waiting for the warm sun to rise a bit more before it leaves.  A beautiful morning is dawning.

I am thinking... how good it feels to be entering a new daybook on the blog.  Life has been keeping me from one of my favorite hobbies.

I am thankful... for nap time, butterscotch morsels and laughter.

In the kitchen... sunburst squash, zucchini, tomatoes, beans, broccoli and other delights from the farmers gardens.

I am wearing... black workout capri pants, socks on my chilly feet and a turquoise tank top.

I am creating... new boards on Pinterest.  Such a delightful way to have two hours just fly by.

I am going... to write a few notes to friends this morning. 

I am wondering... how big the carrots are that we have growing in the garden.

I am reading... a Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser.

I am hoping... my knees and ankles are finally on the mend so I can resume running.

I am looking forward to... the next few weekends.

I am learning... interesting facts about Ancient Egypt.

Around the house... oh boy does the house need some TLC!  We have books on every table and art supplies littering the dining table, papers are here there and everywhere.  We are not quite used to picking up all the clutter that comes with schooling at home yet.

I am pondering... reminiscing actually, about life before kids.  Whatever did I do with my time??

A favorite quote for today... “Gifts of grace come to all of us. But we must be ready to see and willing to receive these gifts. It will require a kind of sacrifice, the sacrifice of believing that, however painful our losses, life can still be good — good in a different way than before, but nevertheless good."  ~Jerry Sittser, a Grace Disguised: How the Soul Grows Through Loss

One of my favorite things... Oysters (milk chocolate vanilla peanut balls) from Oaks Candy!

A few plans for the rest of the week: eye doctor, swimming lessons, AWANA, TOG planning meeting, library day and putting order to the chaos.

A peek through the lens...
 
 
fun in the pool!

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in the fun with one of your own, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.  She's even having a gift away this month!  Thanks for stopping by.  ~Kim

Comments