simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY July 23, 2012

Outside my window... beautiful sunshine, not a cloud in the sky and I can see my new red outdoor lanterns that make me smile.

I am thinking... of the weekend.  My husband and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary over the weekend.  Amazing how much our lives have changed since we said "I do".

I am thankful... (okay there is a running theme in my head) for my husband and sweetheart of 16 years.

In the kitchen... yummy coffee in my cup and a refill in the carafe.

I am wearing... tank top and shorts, perfect attire for a near 100 degree day.

I am creating... I have to shake my head at this one because most of the time it makes me feel un-inspired.  I don't have 'crafting' hobbies and therefore am usually only creating clean and organized spaces that are not much fun to blog about.  With that being said, my summer project is to purge the basement of unwanted items and organize what's left.

I am going... to the eye doctor today with Megan and then maybe swimming later in the day.

I am wondering... how the garden is growing.  It's always so much fun to wander out there and check out all the new veggies that seem to pop out overnight.

I am reading... Captivating for my summer book study and G Free Diet for amusement and diet changing ideas.

I am hoping... to be a good steward with all the wonderful things God has given me.

I am looking forward to... sitting on the patio to enjoy the cool of the morning and posting this entry before the day is over.

I am learning... all about gluten free diets.

Around the house... I can hear the kids start to stir from slumber and the freezer just made ice. :)

I am pondering... a life when it is summer vacation all the time.

A favorite quote for today... "If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

One of my favorite things... getting unexpected homemade cards from my kids.

A few plans for the rest of the week: water the garden, a few appointments, water the garden again, enjoy the beach, water the garden..... :)  My week is rough is it not?

A peek through the lens into my day...
Watching big sis play video games.

A beautiful sunset the other night.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join with one of your own, please visit Peggy at the simple woman's daybook.  Thanks for stopping by. ~Kim

Comments