a wonderful thing

When I'm going through 'something' whether big or small, I tend to be quiet.  I pull it all in and digest it, roll it over in my mind and ponder it.  Most often no one hears much about it.  I've been told that some people would want this method, that those people often come out with it all and wish they wouldn't.  Then I think of all the times I suffer and no one knows.  All the times when I wish I could say something but can't articulate it.  All the times that it festers inside until the small grain of sand turns into a large obstacle.  I would rather be out with it.  But how do I start?  I've had years of practice at keeping it inside.  How does a person begin to let it out?

I'm learning that I need to let it all out to God.  This may seem like a 'duh' moment to most, but this is an 'aha' moment for me.  Let it out to someone who is going to listen, not judge, not yell or condemn.  Someone who loves me unconditionally and knows me better than I know myself.  Someone who knows the absolute right way to handle the situation.  The absolute right thing to say.  The absolute right way to tell me not to be so foolish, or prideful or hurt.  Duh!  How wonderful.  A novel concept for me.  It's hard to remember to go to God with my issues, it really is.  Slowly and surely I will remember and allow Him to deliver me and that's going to be a wonderful thing.

He trusts in the Lord; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, for he delights in the Lord  ~Psalm 22:8

Comments

  1. Kim,
    It is hard to let it out and just trust in Him. It takes a lot of practice but over time and by faithfully falling on your knees or just whispering a prayer while going about your daily chores, you will fall into the wonderful habit of always turning to Him.
    Praying for you.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOU! I am always willing to listen. With that said, we both know how hard it is for me to shut up, too. God is the perfect listener like you said, but He too, has given us one another. No need to be an island. Who knows maybe we have some of the same issues and can help each other through. I do love you and if you want we could grab coffee. That is bound to make us feel better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is hard to trust, especially when you've been disappointed or rejected in the past.

    But He is trustworthy, a great listener and full of wisdom.

    Of course HE also would be thrilled if you trusted Him with believing Him for such a friend with skin on. Yeah, they won't be perfect, but maybe just perfectly made for this moment in your life and for you. (and maybe they are praying for the same and that person of all the people on the earth is...YOU!)

    Just saying...

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim