Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY December 13, 2011
Outside my window... a warm blanket of gray clouds.  Thankful for the warmer temps. but I miss the sun.

I am thinking... of my in-laws as they move from their home of 40+ years and embark on a new adventure in their lives.

I am thankful... that my laptop is charged.  Blogging from a comfy chair is always more fun.

From the learning rooms...we enter World War II.  Something the boys are looking forward to after the Great Depression.

In the kitchen... It's cake day at AWANA tonight so we are baking a cake to symbolize the true meaning of christmas.

I am wearing... shades of purple.

I am creating... a never ending 'to-do' list.

I am going... to continue decorating for Christmas today.  Hopefully I'll finish before too long.

I am wondering... if we lived in a warmer climate, would we see less illness during the months of October-March?

I am reading... The Small Woman by Alan Burgess.  An excellent story about Gladys Alyward.

I am hoping... the older boys don't notice that St. Nick didn't come when he was supposed to.  He did not make it to our house on time this year.

I am looking forward to... all that the christmas season has to offer.

I am hearing... sweet silence.  Not a creature is stirring, not even the mouse.

Around the house... totes of christmas decorations and dust on many surfaces.  :)

I am pondering... the speed at which life travels.  So much has happened in the last twelve months.

One of my favorite things... receiving christmas cards with photos.

A few plans for the rest of the week: schooling, shopping, decorating, baking and enjoying the family.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

If you would like to enjoy other daybooks or join in the fun with one of your own, please visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's daybook.  Thanks for visiting! ~Kim

Comments

  1. Hi Kim,

    Oh boy, mine (boys) sure liked WW2 better than the Depression too... anything with artillery is more interesting!

    We liked Gladys Aylward's story as well - read her biography together and then watched "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness". Sure, it's been "Hollywood-ized", but still a good story.

    Good luck with the Christmas decorating. We just carried the last tote back out to the garage today!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem that this time a year the "to do" list always seem to go on and on!
    Your family picture is lovely.
    Merry Christmas!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim