Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY October 4, 2011

Outside my window... beautiful, warm sunshine!

I am thinking... of all the inspiring blogs I've been reading lately.

I am thankful... for quiet time in the morning so I can sit down with a cup of coffee and my own thoughts.

From the learning rooms... studying the 20th century to present this year.  Right now we are reading tons of books about World War I.

In the kitchen... something quick and easy.  Maybe pizza.  It is Tuesday after all. :)

I am wearing... capri pants and a t-shirt with a camera on the front.

I am creating... some fun boards on Pinterest.com filled with great ideas for everything.

I am going... to the orthopedic doctor later today.

I am wondering... how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

I am reading... The Vegetable Gardener's Bible by Edward C. Smith.

I am hoping... we will have one or two more beautiful sunny days before winter sets in.  Indeed the outlook seems promising.

I am looking forward to... being able to make wonderful things with the apples we picked at the orchard the other day.

I am hearing... our oldest wiggling around on a very loud wicker chair.  Wondering when he will be finished with his math and move to a quieter location.

Around the house... the sun is streaming in through the windows and sending long shadows across the floor, the "laundry folding couch" is free of any laundry and the smell of apple crisp is in the air.

I am pondering... over all my dreams and wondering which ones I can make into reality.

One of my favorite things... cuddling up with a good dog to read a good book.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I plan on keeping the calendar free and clear of any extra activities.  We will run some errands, attend AWANA, head to the bookstore and decorate for fall.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Peeking outside at the big ball in the neighbors yard.

If you would like to participate with your own daybook or simply read other entries please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Thanks for stopping by. ~Kim

Comments

  1. Kim, I've been thinking the same thing about winter. It's just around the corner up here, too. In the meantime, we're enjoying some of the most gorgeous fall color I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim