Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY October 12, 2011
Outside my window... warm sunshine, autumn breezes, geese overhead and crisp leaves on the patio!

I am thinking... about the dog which we will be adding to our family sometime in the near(?) future.

I am thankful... all the people who work to keep me safe and free.

From the learning rooms... finishing up World War I, reading about Harlem and it's beginnings, learning about milkweed pods and memorizing scripture.

In the kitchen... tacos for dinner, if I can make it to the store in time.  Otherwise I'm afraid it's must-go's as my grandmother would say.

I am wearing... shorts and a tank top in October!  Practically unheard of in my neck of the woods.

I am creating... christmas presents but I can't say what, it's a secret.

I am going... to speed clean when I get done with this post.

I am wondering... why the laundry baskets are always full of clothes that need to be washed.  I need to find the laundry fairy!

I am reading... The Vegetable Gardener's Bible by Edward C. Smith, The Railway Children by E. Nesbit and the Uncommon Woman by Susie Larson.

I am hoping... to be a blessing to my children today.

I am looking forward to... eating some butterscotch dessert tonight.

I am hearing... the dishwasher washing yet another load of dishes.  Love the dishwasher!

Around the house... hickory nuts, hickory nuts and more hickory nuts.  The children found bags full of hickory nuts at their great-uncle's this past weekend.  Have no idea what they wanted to do with them.  I'm certain it couldn't have been leaving them lay all over the house for their mother and 12 month old brother to find!

I am pondering... when, where and how to start a B&B.

One of my favorite things... getting together with family.

A few plans for the rest of the week: school co-op and mini-church on Friday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
One from the archives when the boys were about 5 and 3 years old. 

If you would like to participate with your own daybook or simply read other entries please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Thanks for stopping by. ~Kim

Comments

  1. Kim,
    Let me know if you take a venture on a B and B...I know it will be a success. I will certainly visit.
    I just love that you want to be a blessing to your children. I know that God will surely give you that desire of your near!
    Hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying hi from the link-up :) LOVE your picture for your blog! I like you hoping to be a blessing to your children...I'm sure you are.

    I'm a new follower.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim