Shade Flower

We have a sunflower growing next to our patio.  I didn't plant it there.  It is a welcome surprise which germinated from a winter supply of birdseed.  I just read an article in Midwest Living called "Summer Showstoppers", in which they give some interesting information about sunflowers.  Did you know that sunflowers follow the sun?  (Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't know this.)  The heads track the sun from horizon to horizon.

While M and I were outside together I pointed out this little plant and said to her, "Oh, I think this is a sunflower."  Upon assessing the plant and it's mostly shady location, she said to me very matter of fact, "No, it's a shade flower."  Such wisdom from a three year old.  I love it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim