Simple Woman's Daybook

For today April 6, 2010


Outside my window.... a nice soft rain, little itty bitty leaves on the trees and birds singing in the rain.

I am thinking..... of how my neighbors will react if I start keeping bees.

I am thankful for..... God's perfect timing.

I am wearing..... my jammies.  However, I will be getting ready for the day after this.

I am hearing..... the rain and birds through the open window and the ice maker dropping ice.

I am going..... to bring the kids to the pediatrician for a check-up today.

I am reading.....What Difference Do It Make? by Ron Hall, Denver Moore and Lynn Vincent, Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore and Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby.  (I will be cutting this list down and prioritizing so that I can give each one my undivided attention!)

I am hoping..... my husband will find favor with his new employer and that business picks up soon.

I am creating..... a list of artisan cheese's I'd like to try.

On my mind...... how we miss learning rich life principles if we don't have a listening attitude.

From the learning rooms..... L has finished with his math and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get him started on the next one or take a break and supplement.  Our sex education unit went well and now we will finish up the year with a study of the human body.

Noticing that..... all my pens seem to be running out of ink at the same time.

Pondering these words.... "And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." ~Gilbert K. Chesterton

From the kitchen..... it's pizza Tuesday!  Tomorrow we are having grilled pork chops with creamy potatoes and green beans, tacos on Thursday and the sky is the limit for Friday.

Around the house..... orange traffic cones that form some sort of obstacle course, folded laundry on the back of the couch, and a few miscellaneous items that need to be put away.

One of my favorite things.... sleeping children.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... attending one last regulation AWANA (for real this time ☺) before the end of year ceremony, a trip to the library, sorting through the basement for rummage sale items and painting my daughters bedroom.

A picture thought I'm sharing.....

This female mallard has been spending quite a bit of time on our front porch lately. 

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook

Comments

  1. I've contemplated keeping bees as well, and the impact on my neighborhood. I believe it to be a good thing! Chickens too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim