Simple Woman's Daybook

For today March 9, 2010


Outside my window.... the sky is gray and a thick fog is enveloping the community.

I am thinking..... of how challenging our homeschool days have been for the past couple weeks.

I am thankful for..... the beauty of the changing seasons and especially the anticipation of spring being just around the corner, it is one of my favorite times of year.

I am wearing..... a mis-matched outfit of many shades of blue. I'm hoping to get some spring cleaning done before putting on a more 'respectable' ensemble.

I am hearing..... a few birds outside, the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard and the hum of the refrigerator. 

I am going..... to begin a sex education unit with the children and look into joining a book club.

I am reading..... Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson.  Looking forward to Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.

I am hoping..... my husband will have an offer of employment from a previous employer by the end of the week.  We have been challenged in this area for over two years now, struggling between temporary employment and unemployment, and I am hoping it will be a challenge we can put behind us soon.
 
I am creating..... a list of needs for our school curriculum next year.  It just seems to keep growing and growing.

Pondering these words.... "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~Theodore Roosevelt

On my mind...... a good friend who recently became engaged.  He has waited a long time for the right girl to come along.  They are planning a spring 2011 wedding.  Congratulations you two!

From the learning rooms..... as I mentioned before we are beginning a unit on sex education.  L is beginning cursive and almost finished with his math for the year.  E is plugging right along and excels at most subjects (when he wants to).  In addition to our regular subjects of reading, writing and arithmetic, we've been adding to our nature notebooks, learning about children in other countries and talking about natural disasters.

Noticing that..... our pinecar (for the AWANA grand prix) still needs wheels, and we need to turn it in tonight!

From the kitchen..... the world is our oyster at the moment.  The refrigerator is empty and the pantry is bare.  Grocery shopping is a must today if we are going to fill our bodies with sustenance.  I did see a recipe for salmon with brown butter, almonds and green beans that I've been anxious to try.

Around the house..... paint brushes, exacto-knives, steel wool and a variety of paint cans.  All tools being used to create L's pinecar.

One of my favorite things.... being able to see the silver lining even when the stormy seas are tossing you about.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... grocery shopping today, AWANA tonight, a trip to the library tomorrow along with a few other errands, a birthday celebration for my amazing husband on Thursday, AWANA Grand Prix on Friday and a much needed spring cleaning for the garage on Saturday.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. This has been such a rough home schooling year for so many people I have talked to, including us! Hopefully we will learn a lot from it and have a better year next year. My oldest son just completed a sex education course through teh hospital, it was a great abstinence based course and taught him so much!

    You will LOVE "The Same Kind of Different as Me" it is a phenomenal, and very convicting, book!

    I hope you get good job news this week! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, now I'm missing not being part of an AWANA Grand Prix anymore....

    Praying for a positive response for your husband's employment!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim