Taking the Hit

Our small group has been doing a video series called Deep Forgiveness.  As the title suggests, this series is on forgiveness.  (Something which God and I have been working on for a long time!)  One question from our last episode was, "Why does Jesus want you to take the hit?"  This is referring to the moment in which you've been hurt or wronged by someone and you should "take the hit."  Take one for the team, overlook the offense or turn the other cheek.

Taking the hit is a crucial point for me.  I have a hard time overlooking the offense.  But I do have a God who forgave me of my sins.  Who sacrificed his one and only Son, for me.  Who takes the hit for me when I stumble and fall.

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense. (Proverbs 19:11 ESV)

Why would Jesus want me to take the hit?  Because He did and because it's just good sense.

My action plan next time I'm wronged:  Take the hit!  Pray!  Because, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

Comments

  1. Hi Kim - the name of your blog caught my eye at A Holy Experience. I will have to remember that - "to take a hit". Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim