Simple Woman's Daybook


For today January 11, 2010

Outside my window.... the land has been covered with a light fresh layer of snow and the skies are overcast.

I am thinking..... of a weekend spent with friends.

I am thankful for..... on call nurses to answer a concerned parents questions.

I am wearing..... loden green pants with a blue shirt.

I am hearing..... the furnace running and coffee pot percolating.

I am going..... to clean the mess we made over the weekend.

I am reading..... Total Forgiveness by R.T. Kendall and The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer (just started).

I am hoping..... we are over the worst days of children with colds.

I am creating..... a gift for a friend and a birthday gift list for E whose birthday is coming up in 19 days.

On my mind...... wondering if I can drastically decrease my sugar intake?  I'd have to give up my Mountain Dew! oh my.

From the learning rooms..... devotions, handwriting, spelling, scripture memorization for AWANA.

Noticing that..... L just keeps getting taller and taller.  He will be 9 in February and only has a few inches to go to be as tall as me!

From the kitchen..... oatmeal for breakfast, leftovers for lunch and pork roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli and carrots for dinner.

Pondering these words.... "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." ~Albert Einstein
Around the house..... the house looks a bit disheveled as there are projects in various form of completion and blanket forts awaiting the next round of inhabitants.

One of my favorite things.... seeing my children work together toward a common goal.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... School, AWANA, Flag Football, and spend some quality time at the library.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. Ohhhh, good reading stuff,Kim!

    Hope you're kids are feeling better. We've been healthy so far this winter and I'm hoping it will continue just a bit long. It's hard though when you know so many around you have been sick as it puts you into an anticipation mindset....

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim