Simple Woman's Daybook


For today December 14, 2009


Outside my window.... it's cloudy and overcast with a bit of freezing drizzle falling. (definitely not my favorite kind of weather!)

I am thinking..... that I want to be more organized.

I am thankful for..... hot showers.

I am wearing..... an Old Navy t-shirt with gray pullover fleece, black athletic pants and my santa socks, (oh dear, the only difference from last monday is the santa socks!).

I am hearing..... Christmas songs.

I am going..... to try organizing all the pictures on the computer today.

I am reading..... Total Forgiveness by R.T. Kendall.

I am hoping..... to make more than one blog entry this week.

I am creating..... some christmas presents that I'll have to mention later, I know the grandparents read this blog.  :D

On my mind..... our first christmas celebration of the season is coming up this weekend.

From the learning rooms..... we are reading "Jotham's Journey" for advent and then going through a series of activities each day with advent in mind. We are also enjoying our daily math assignments and getting creative for spelling.

Noticing that..... when there are christmas cookies in the house, I'm either eating them or listening to them call my name.

From the kitchen..... spaghetti for dinner.

Pondering these words.... "Walking in the light means following without compromise anything God shows you to do." ~ R.T. Kendall

Around the house..... little remnants from our christmas party.  I am still discovering discarded white elephant gifts our guests hid before leaving.

One of my favorite things.... dark chocolate M&M's.  Yum!

A few plans for the rest of the week..... grocery shopping, library, laundry and doctor appointment for my honey.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

The sous chef and finished cake for AWANA depicting the real reason for Christmas.

If you would like to read other daybook entries or join in with your own entry, please visit Peggy who hosts The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Comments

  1. Okay, I started to say I could have written this myself except for the creating and reading parts. Cause I love hot showers and I want to be more organized, and the whole Christmas cookie thing. But then you got to the dark chocolate M&M's...blah I just want the totally bad for you, totally sweet milk chocolate variety!

    Love the cake, ya'll did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake.
    Yeah, I agree about the cookies too.
    and I like dark chocolate but not the M&M ones. I like those semi sweet baking M&Ms. Oh, was I suppose to bake something with them? Humm.
    I love making all the goodies at this time of year. Wish I didn't eat so many of them.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cake is a great way to teach children about the birth of Jesus. We have one made each year.I have eaten too much already this Christmas. We have a party Sat. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim