I Want To Amaze Him

I was reading a blog entry from Garden Glimpses today. She was commenting on those inevitable startles that come along our garden path.

I have come across many of those startles lately. I have recently had unusual blood test results that are leading to more tests. And last Thursday my husband came home toting all the contents from his desk. He was laid off. Talk about being startled. I just about screamed from the sheer enormity of these 2 instances that came one on top of the other.

Then, at church on Sunday, the question was asked, "Do we have a faith that Jesus would be amazed with?"

I began to question how I was reacting to my top 2 startles of the week. I was praying, asking for healing, strength and courage. But how was my faith in God's promises? I have to admit that I was fearful and anxious when not in prayer. I was not taking comfort in God's word.

I was reading Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you...." but there was this sense of unrest and doubt. How would God keep this promise when I already felt as if the waters were sweeping over me. Jesus wasn't being amazed by my faith.

I am an ordinary person who has to fight my sinful nature every day. I am an ordinary person who trusts in Jesus authority to save. I am an ordinary person and I want my faith to take me in a new direction. After reflecting on these key points, the comfort and sense of peace began to fold in around me. It was then that I felt God's wings of protection. Yes, I do believe in God's promises and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is going to get my life right! I just need to trust in His faithfulness. Someday, I might even be able to amaze him with my faith.

Comments