Insight from My Little Brother


This is my brother.  He is a son, husband, father, brother and dump truck driver.  He called me the other day to tell me he was driving his big dump truck that morning when up ahead he spotted a mama duck crossing the four-lane highway with her little ducklings trailing along.

My manly brother had to tell me that when he saw the duck crossing with her ducklings he immediately started to slow down, safely pull his truck into the middle of two lanes, put on his hazard lights and park.  In the middle of the highway!  Effectively stopping traffic.  He got out of his truck in the middle of the highway(!) to help that mallard family cross the busy street.  (The big sister in me is shaking my head right now).  Little brothers do the craziest things sometimes. :)

When the mama and her ducklings made it to the concrete curb, all but one little duckling easily jumped over that man-made curb.  The last little duckling needed a little motivation that my brother quickly walked over to provide.  Up it went, again able to follow mama on their adventure.

My little (in age) brother shared some keen insight with me.  While helping that little duckling over the curb, he realized that we all have man-made or made by man obstacles that get in our way.  Be they ex-spouses, financial worries, broken plumbing, inconsiderate co-workers, long work days or no work coming our way.  We all have a God who will help us over these obstacles, we just need to be willing to take the first step and have a good attitude.

Thanks bro.  Love you.

Comments