simple woman's daybook

For Today January 28, 2019


Looking out my window... it is a snow-y, blow-y, blizzard-y and cold winter day.

I am thinking... of all my teacher friends who get an unexpected day off due to the inclement weather outside.

I am thankful... for the quiet stillness of a morning while everyone sleeps. 

One of my favorite things.... other people's stories.  We are all so different and unique and wonderful.

I am creating... a feature wall.  Arranging little treasures to make a bigger statement.

I am reading... Control Girl: Lessons on Surrendering Your Burden of Control from Seven Women in the Bible by Shannon Popkin

I am hoping... that my son will let go of his fears and anxieties.  Talk about a beautiful story in the making.

I am learning... to look for beauty in difficult circumstances.

In my kitchen... smoothies, salads and scones as well as the beginning of a list of appetizers for our Sunday gathering.

In the school room... no snow day for my kiddos.  They are somewhat disappointed, but I reminded them they can take a 'spring' day later on.  Just think of bubbles and bikes on the first warm spring day.  Yay!

In my garden... this brave bird.

Shared Quote... "We don't have to let our failure define us or confine us." ~Sharon Jaynes

A moment from my day...
This guy has been waiting for the day the vacuum is easier to push.
That day finally arrived!

To read daybook entries from other simple women, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week.

Comments