simple woman's daybook

For Today
January 15, 2019



Looking out my window... it's a gray, stay at home and bake cookies kind of day.

I am thinking.... of how quickly life can take a turn, for better or worse.

I am thankful.... for warm fires and cozy blankets.

One of my favorite things.... sitting and enjoying a hot cup of coffee especially with this mug.



I am creating.... a project for our Weekend for Women. Wendy and I are making some purchases and getting the little details ironed out.

I am wearing.... a charcoal gray hoodie with a brick colored tank peeking out the bottom, paired with black pants. I am not wearing jewelry, socks, or make-up. (I just realized my outfit reflects the day)

I just finished reading.... The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. It's a historical novel about a female spy during WWI and an American girl brought together on a mission to find the truth. I quite liked this and always enjoy real life history woven into fiction.

I am hoping.... the sun will come out tomorrow.

I am learning.... that there is sugar added to almost everything you purchase at the grocery store.  Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration because I haven't read the labels of almost everything, but a good amount of food I (used to?... baby steps friends...) purchase has added sugar.  

In my kitchen.... baby back ribs marinating in the refrigerator and the ingredients for sugar free :)tangy barbecue sauce.  Crossing my fingers that it will be fabulous.

In the school room.... lesson plans, books, puzzles and computers all sitting idle just waiting for students to wake-up.

In my garden.... there is a little snow.  My garden needs rehabilitation.  It grows more weeds than anything and attracts the neighborhood cat(s), not in a good way.  It's going to need a little work, (maybe a lot of work) but it will be worth it in the end.

Shared Quote.... "Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us." ~Thomas Paine

A moment from my day….

Mason has been requesting modeling clay; 
Here is his first creation since receiving some for Christmas.

Closing Notes.... When I first started blogging, I found The Simple Woman and her daybook.  The prompts allow me to reflect on week's past or hope for things in the future.  I like it so much, I frequently print them out and have the kids fill in their thoughts, which seems to be a favorite Monday activity for them.  
As blogging fell off my 'to do' list, I missed the daybook.  Doing this one was like saying hello to an old friend.  I am sad to see the daybook isn't as popular as it once was and Peggy may stop hosting.  I hope she doesn't mind if I continue to use her prompts if she decides not to host anymore.  The daybook is one of my simple pleasures.  Visit Peggy this month at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Comments

  1. Stopping by from The Simple Woman's daybook. I enjoyed reading your daybook post. Love the cute coffee mug. I will miss the daybook if Peggy stops. I just started participating like 6-9 months ago and enjoy it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Thanks for your sweet comments. I too like reading other daybooks. I hope Peggy continues this. I enjoyed your post today. You have me craving baby back ribs! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy hearing from you. ~Kim