In the New Year

Happy New Year everyone!  We crossed the finish line of 2018.  Woot, woot!

How'd you do?  Did you sprint the distance without a glance backward?  Did you trip over a hurdle or two that slowed you down?  Maybe you fell and bruised your knee.  Perhaps you only had enough energy to crawl across the finish line of 2018 and lay spent on the ground with tears in your eyes, surprised and happy that you finished.  I can see myself in each scenario, some parts more than others.  The important thing is, we made it.  And, God has given us yet another day.

I'm using this day to reflect and then to dream and set some goals for this new year.  I'm also doing dishes, folding laundry and curling up on the couch with an e-book that expires in 3 days.  But first, I need to pause and marvel at how fast time travels.  Look at these 4 children!  When did they get old enough to hold a sparkler on their own??


So, some of my dreams and goals for 2019.  I hope to check each one complete at the end of this year.  In no particular order:

See more sunrises.... I like to sleep, especially in the morning.  I want to wake earlier to enjoy the dawning of a new day.

Give thanks in all circumstances.... even in the trials and tribulations that life brings.  Gratitude changes my attitude!

Take more pictures, a lot more pictures..... yes please.

Live in the little moments right now;  Every breath, every sight, every scent, every sound..... too often I find myself thinking of what is next and not living in the wonder of now.

Give abundant grace to others and myself..... I'm a parent, a wife, a friend and I stumble.  May I give myself grace to fall and extend that grace abundantly to others.

Share more meals with those I care about.... I want to be intentional in my relationships and make time today instead of tomorrow.

Meditate on God's word everyday.... this is not an item I just want to accomplish.  I want to soak in it and get to know Him better with every word.

Be more adventurous.... do not translate this as being crazy enough to bungee jump. :)  I just want to do more things that are new, even if it is bungee jumping.

Be joyful and laugh until it hurts.... I hear this is good for a flat tummy. :)  My soul needs this too.

Learn a new skill or try a new hobby, or make more time for an old one.... hello blog.  I'd enjoy a cooking class.  Maybe I'll learn to crochet or knit.  I'd like to spend more time in the garden this year too.

Become the woman of his dreams.... Patrick would say I already am, but he'd be lying. :)  I want to grow and mature into a woman who loves and supports and helps him in every step we take together this year and beyond.

Happy New Year!

Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert. ~ Isaiah 43:19

Comments