A New Year a New Me, Part 3

Way back in September of last year, I decided to kick my Mountain Dew/soda fixation.  The decision came after mulling over these words from my doctor, "Do not increase your Mountain Dew intake.  That is the devil's drink in more ways than one."  Hmmm.

Those few sentences uttered by my doctor haunted me every time I would pop the top on that delicious carbonated can of sugar and caffeine.  So much so that I tried to decrease my intake.  Much to my disappointment, that only fueled my cravings.  What worked?

I'm glad you asked!  I REPLACED those 73g of sugar in a can with a delightful cocktail of sparkling water and a splash of fruit juice.  I actually learned from a book I read that if you have a bad habit, you can't just eliminate that bad habit.  You have to replace that void with something good.  Wise advice that worked for me.  Maybe it could work for you too.  Yay!


I am happy to report that I have not had a Mountain Dew (or any soda) since September 30, 2018.  Yes, I did mark the calendar!  A new year, a new me.  Cheers to making better choices!  

Comments